Monday, May 3, 2010

Infomercials

It's funny how many thoughts can run through my head all at the same time. As I type this, I am singing a Jonas Brothers song in my head (believe me, I know), thinking about how far behind on my studies I am, I am worrying about Ashton, I'm missing John, I'm trying to put my thoughts together on what to blog about, I'm thinking about my sweet friend Jamie, etc. I am running down the top position as ADD quarterlies spokes person. (Don't tell, but I think I've got it in the bag)

Amidst all this random thought, I am reflecting on something I heard tonight on an infomercial. Now, before you get started on bashing my infomercial watching, I will admit that I am a closet addict of things sold on TV. I own a shark steamer, a pilates machine, I once owned a gazelle fitness machine, and I have probably the most complete collection of exercise videos known to man. In fact you could probably sell me a cruise to Bolivia if you put it in a TV spot. (btw, Bolivia is land locked) Anyway, there was a testimonial that has really stuck with me. The guy said, "there is nothing you can't do if you want to do it. It's all in your mind."

Happiness, success, love, friendship, courage, strength...all of these are possible no matter what is happening all around us. It's what is in between the ears that counts. If you think you can't do something...You're right! You are right no matter what you think. If you think that you can't fail...You're right!

Just a little food for though.

6 comments:

  1. Lisa.....I once owned an ab thingy! Love this post and the fact that someone is up at this crazy hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually.... really needed this at this point in my life. Truly need to change my way of thinking. Maybe I need to watch more infomercials??? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We learn best in a place that we are comfortable. Thanks for taking the time to teach. Enjoy your informercials!!! (There are a lot worse vices out there)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to print this and hang it on my wall so I can read it every day!!! You were just what I needed today!! (And I love infomercials too) LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Natalie, and I am addictied to infomercials (except I call it paid programming sometimes) good deep though...maybe you should make it in vinyl and sell it in the 2-3am hour :) you'll be RICH! (and I'll take 3)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete