Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

I was at the movie the other night, when a trailer for "Where the Wild Things Are" came on. I don't know about you, but I had this book as a child. I don't really know what the story was about, I only remember looking at the pictures and making up my own storyline. Even as a small child, this book gave me a strange feeling. Kind of a foreboding, even creepy feeling. The funny thing is, the movie trailer did the same thing. The music was so melancholy, and the lighting was dim. I found my heart pounding almost right out of my chest.

I realized that this feeling is some of what I have been living this last year. Of course the first four months were indescribable amounts of pain, but a lot of it is this kind of skin crawling, dark, creepy, sadness. I'm sure that some of you reading this post will think that I have officially gone off my rocker, and have loved this book. I guess that I have always had a crazy imagination. You should see my dreams sometime, now that is entertainment!

4 comments:

  1. LISA, I am so with you. I never liked the illustrations in that book -is it their eyes, teeth or creepy feet?? The yellow eyes and horns combo with the scales has always been freaky to me. I have to say, "I believe you are still on that rocker!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousy--I'll tell you where the wild things are...LAS VEGAS baby. That is so funny you feel that way about that book, because I do too. I think we need another trip to the Young Living Farms. I need some Pan a way. That would get rid of the wild things for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone off your rocker? I never knew you were on it to begin with!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Among the advanced alternative of accessories, fake watch are the a lot of calmly apparent ones and absolutely play important roles on the aboriginal consequence we make. Imagining that if you abrasion a adult clothing in an black affair but abrasion a accepted watch , what a abhorrent affair it is!

    ReplyDelete