Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dreams

Ok, so here we go. I'm about to unload some crazy dreaming on you, you ready? I woke up this morning with a surge of adrenalin. I am somewhat known for my crazy dreams, ask anyone. (except my dad, he hates when I tell my dreams) Usually the dreams are really just entertainment for me, apparently my psyche needs to be entertained at all times of the day and night. However, last night was different. Let me lay it out for you. I was in a very tense situation, bad guys everywhere, and there I was climbing higher and higher up this crazy scary contraption. I don't really know the point of all of that, but here is where it gets interesting. There was a man there to save me. The only way he could help was for me to climb all the way up to the very precipice of the structure. Once there, I had to turn around and sit on this tiny ledge several hundred feet above the ground. The tower swayed, and there was nothing to hold on to. Just thinking of it makes my heart pound. Behind me was this man who kept telling me to trust him, and not to worry. He very carefully offered his hand, and with little effort helped me to safety. I remember having such an internal struggle with whether or not to trust this man. It was literally die alone, or trust this person to help you live. I know, you are probably thinking I watch way too much James Bond. I can't stop thinking that the dream has a deeper meaning. In fact I have made two conclusions.
  1. I don't have to do it all on my own. There is someone out there who can help on this earthly sphere if I just open myself up and trust.
  2. I'm not alone. My savior is always there for me. Sometimes, I have to do scary things, and it seems like I'm doing them all by myself, but really he's right behind me ready to catch. I still have to do my part, but the protection is always there.
Hmmmm, isn't it cool that even in the midst of bad guys, and death defying acts, the savior is always with us, and there is always a lesson to be learned. P.S. Please don't bug me about my run on sentences, it's early and my brain is still nigh night.

5 comments:

  1. I actually really needed to read this. I have different struggles than you and mine pale in comparrison to yours but sometimes it is nice to be reminded that you are never alone even if you feel alone. I needed this. I love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is really great that we can all get that help we need not only from the Savior but from each other. Thanks for the post. I needed it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok--I just started laughing when I saw your Super Natural guys. Hee hee they are cute. However, I do love your dream. Are you sure you weren't dreaming of being at the Carver family reunion? Ok--I am being sarcastic. I love all that you teach me. Thanks for being my cousy--oh we need to talk about my lesson. I need some your insight. Maybe, I can throw out this dream of yours. I think it is a sign...if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too just started laughing when I saw supernatural boy. I had a dream the other night I was Susan Boyle singing, "I Dreamed a Dream." I still get a rush when I think about when Simon told me I was going to be a big star!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should sell the rights to your "story" to Lifetime or something...the movie would be fantastic...It would make me laugh, cry, and the dream sequences would be freaking fantistic!!! Think about that (and give me a cut when you do it!!)

    ReplyDelete