Monday, August 24, 2009

One Year


I can't believe that it has been one year since my love went to our Father in Heaven. I don't have the words to describe the pain, the loneliness, the loss, and the terror of the last year. But what I can describe is the love, the blessings, the service, and the friendship that we have had this last year. I would rather concentrate on the good anyway.

So many people have said to me, "I don't know how you are doing it, it is my worst nightmare!" My simple answer, "I do it solely through our Savior, Jesus Christ!" From the minute the doorbell rang one year ago, I knew that my life was about to change very drastically, and I also knew that I had to put myself in the Lords hands.

I felt John's spirit so strong this last year. I knew that Heavenly Father would never take a father and a husband away without providing a way for him to watch out for, and protect his family. After all, that is the plan. People have said, "I wonder what John is doing now?" "I bet he is teaching many people." I felt very strongly that his mission right now is his family. I still feel that. There are times that I know he is watching his little princess and smiling. There are time that he is with Ethan as he zips around on his dirtbike. There are time that I see him put his arms around his little Ashton, when he is having a hard time. And there are definately times that he holds me as I fall to sleep.

The Father in Heaven that I know is kind, loving, and concerned for us. He knows that the road ahead is difficult for us, so he gives us the tools that we need to face those challenges. He allows the father to continue to be a huge part of his families lives, because that is why we are here. Family is the reason for all that we do in this life. I am forever grateful that I have an eternal family, and that my sweetheart will be waiting for me. Oh the reunion that will be.

8 comments:

  1. As I sit here crying I have to tell you how amazing you are. You have strengthened my testimony in many ways. Wouldn't it be horrible if you didn't know you will see John again! What a blessing your faith is to you and your family. Thanks for putting my measly trials into perspective!
    (bty: Adams my brother so I found you from their blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have been so blessed through all of this. You are blessing others too.
    You'll never know how much!! o.k. taking my crying self to bed now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you and I am so proud that you are my friend. If I could only be a little more like you......

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! Lis I am speachless. All I can say is you are such a strength to the rest of us. But I can tell you this I have felt him too, right next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, how thankful I am for the opportunity to get to know you and your sweet loving spirit. We do have a loving and caring Father in Heaven. He knows us and our feelings and spirits. Your sweet testimony shows in your life and your family. Your are such an example to me. Thank you for letting me be one of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All is can say is "thank you" for being such a great example to me. I am so blessed because of you. I look at life differently because of you. I don't take the little things for granted because of you. My testimony has grown more than ever because of you. Thank you Lisa for being so amazing and for changing my life for the better. I love you so much and I am so grateful we are cousys forever:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so amazing. I don't know many people that could handle what you have been through the way you have. You have such a gift of always finding the good in life. That is an amaging talent. I am so glad I have gotten to know you better this year. I agree with you that John is with you guys every day. He is still very much a part of your sweet kids and you. (thanks for the tears this morning :) Love ya tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I didn't call...I didn't want to add to the tears I knew you would be shedding. However, I was thinking about you all day yesterday. I have been blessed in my life because of you and your faith. Watching you this past year has made me realize that I can be so much better. If in this life I am half of what you have been during the last year, I will consider myself lucky. I love you.

    ReplyDelete