Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birthday Girl

My dear friend Charese celebrated her 33rd birthday today. What an amazing woman this is. She has been my strength, and my cheerleader, even in the middle of her own chemo treatments. How I love you my sweet friend.

Watch My sweet friends journey through cancer.
part 1
part 2

Part 3

I was thinking all day about the wise man who built his house upon the rock.  The rain came down, and the floods came up.  The wind beat down upon the house, but the house stood strong on the rock that it was planted.

I was listening to some of the ladies talk at chemo today.  They were discussing heart failure, hair loss, bone pain, major nausea, bleeding noses, hearing loss, and all manner of scary topics.  They were talking about these things in the same way that I would talk to my mom about my shopping list.  It was typical conversation, like nothing out of the ordinary.

They have been dealing with so much, that this next little thing was just that...a little thing.  That brings me back to my thought about the wise man.  The man wasn't spared from the storms that came his way just because he followed what he was taught.  He did everything right in building his house.  Those storms still ravaged his home, and probably caused damage.  However, he still did what he was meant to do and his house stood strong.  He learned to fortify his home against further damage, and lived a good life.  He never questioned why God would send the rain, instead he thanked God for keeping his home standing.

These amazing people that I spent the afternoon with, did nothing wrong to end up with the horrible diseases that they have.  They are good people, doing good things.  They have build their houses upon the rock, and they will be blessed with the kind of unbreakable strength that the Lord can provide.  Sometimes that happens in our eternal life, but it always happens.

*I have included a link to Charese's blog.  She has a donation tab at the top right of the page.  Please give what you can, anything would be a major help.


No comments:

Post a Comment