Monday, September 3, 2012

Leap of Faith

It is a true leap of faith to put pen to paper and write down the thoughts and feelings that are flooding your mind.  I tend to think that if you are doing all the things that you are suppose to be doing, those thoughts and feelings are promptings.  When we write those promptings down, it's as if you are telling the Lord that you understand and are willing to act on those instructions.

I also think that perhaps, it works a little in the reverse.  What if I write down those things that I'm hoping, praying, and yearning for...will that give me the faith that they will come to me?

 Have you ever heard of the Law of Attraction?  It states that whatever you put out to the world, it will come back to you.  For instance, if you are putting out to the world that you are insecure, scared, unhappy, and sad, then that is the type of people that you will attract to you.

So here is what I want to attract back to me...Strong follower of God.  A confident leader.  A great parent, unselfish of time and talents.  A great friend who knows what you need before you need it.  A kind, giving person.  A hard worker whom shares their skills as well as their knowledge.  Someone with the ability to love unconditionally, and fully.  Someone who has complete faith in our Father in Heaven and in the plan of salvation.  Someone who radiates safety and security, who enjoys keeping their loved ones safe and happy.  Someone who communicates well with words and actions.  Someone who is looked up to and well liked, yet down to earth.

This list seems to go on and on.  I'll cut it short there.

After having recently experienced a false relationship post widowhood, I have found that I need to be really specific about everything is extremely important.  There are too many things that can seem good, and turn out to be completely manufactured.  However, I still crave that togetherness that marriage brings, and so I'll continue to try to find that person who exhibits all the traits that my family and I need.

1 comment:

  1. you have inspired me to write out those things that i want in my future husband. we widows cannot be too careful, especially when we have little ones who still need so much security in their lives.

    p.s. i am so proud of you for having the strength to toss that fish back into the sea. you deserve so much better.
    let's chat tomorrow... i will need it since aaron begins all day school tomorrow. boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete