Sunday, September 16, 2012

Live For Today

In the quiet of the morning, I sat down to study.  I am touched by the way the Lord works.  The last four years have been plagued by worries of tomorrow.  I am realizing that I have missed out on today, because I was so focused on tomorrow.

There is no tomorrow.  That is the lie of the procrastinator.  It's easy to think, plan and obsess about what might be, because it means that I don't have to deal with what is now.

 Was I wrong?  It was a great way to deal with a really trying situation.  I believe that we are given an amount of leeway when it comes to defining moments.  However, that leeway isn't total, and it isn't a free pass.  If we were to eat a carton of ice cream after a break up, then that is probably a non-issue.  If we were to eat my way through the entire Farr's ice cream menu?...probably one of those 'uh uh' moments.

So taking some time off of living in the present probably isn't too big of a deal, but taking four years off...I'm feeling a bit of an 'uh uh' coming on.  Stubborn as I am, I'm willing and ready to live for today. I may need some gentile reminders from time to time, but hey, I'm not perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment