Tuesday, September 11, 2012

911 - A Call to Action

Today, I woke up in a very thoughtful state.  There is much that this day represents in history.  The day our innocence as a nation was taken.  The day that my sweet niece was born.  The day my good friend died.  Understandably, this day has much emotion involved.

Surprisingly to me, I found that my thoughts were turned to my own place in this world.  Why am I here, and what should I be doing with my time here on this earth?
I love sounding like a deep thinker, when really I'm not.

So, with that said, I have decided to set some smallish, but lofty goals for myself.  The list is still being formed in my head, and I will continue to add to it.  As of now, I have...

Be happy with NOW!
Blog everyday (I love this one, because it forces me to think deeply)
Get up half an hour early to study
Write, even if it's a brainstorm, everyday
Say NO occasionally to lunch (I have a major problem with going out when a friend calls, and thus shirking my responsibilities at home.)
Learn something new everyday
Set up the family economy and stick to it
Do something special for the kids everyday (i.e. note on their bed, a thoughtful complement, a special night out)
Love myself
Stay home at least 3 days a week (again, you may laugh, but that is my preferred way of not dealing with being alone.)
Practice the piano
Read with the kids
Cook Dinner at least 4 nights a week (I use to be a gourmet chef, but when John died there was no one left to appreciate my hard work.  The little ones don't like food!)
Add cardio to my workout (I'm quite religious with my Pilates workout, but I'm missing the crappy, ridiculous running part of the day)
Be Still (That is probably going to land me in the psych ward)
Love without fear of being loved back

That list sure looks bigger in writing than it did in my head, but there are life changing goals there.  I intend on living this life to the fullest, and being able to share lessons learned along the way.

I leave you with the look of surprise that I will be getting when I tell the kids that they are finally going to get an allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment