Thursday, September 20, 2012

Priorities

In contemplating what it was that I wanted to write about, I realized that I am dang tired!  Seriously, fall down and can't get up tired with a side of a bad headache.

During my running of the kids this afternoon, I was going over my list in my head...

  • Put fourth of July decorations away (I am painfully aware that it is mid September)
  •  Put fall\halloween decorations out
  • Work on book
  • Help Averie with reading
  • Help Ashton with spelling
  • Help Ethan with art project
  • Cook dinner
  • Clean up
  • Read
  • Practice piano
There were about 60 other thoughts flying around in there. After trying to force myself into checking items off the list, I realized that maybe I'm a little sick. That thought kinda made me laugh. How many times had I gotten after one of the kids for being ornery only to find out they were sick. Apperantly, I'm like a two year old in that way.

 I just want to keep going, and I get really bugged when I can't do it all.  I did need to do most of the things on the list, but not all of it. I prioritized, did the most important and took some ibuprofen and headed to bed. 

Days like this can really get me down. I think about all the things that I have to do on my own, and I can get really angry. Tonight though, I chose to think of the things that I am the most grateful for, and I realized that I'm in a pretty great place. The kids are happy, we live in a great neighborhood, we have wonderful friends and family, and we are safe. How lucky are we?

Now, if you'll excuse me...my feather pillow is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment