Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#24- Music


I had originally decided on a totally different #24 today, but I just changed it on a whim.  I thought I already talked about my gratitude for music, but I guess I was only silently thankful.  Well, I suppose that is all going to change right now.

I have been so impressed with the emotion that is found in music.  All my life I have been drawn to melody.  Usually, I like said melody to accompany a really great beat, but recently I have re-discovered what a healing tool music can be for me.

There are so many things that music can say or make you feel, that it almost feels like the biggest cosmic cheat there is.  When I am completely out of energy, I love that I can turn on a little P!nk, or Black Eyed Peas, or MGMT, or whatever has a great beat right then.  I love to be able to turn on beautiful piano music when I need the kids or myself to be calm.  AC/DC is great for cleaning the house in a hurry, and the Glee soundtrack is awesome for just building a good mood.  So when I need to feel John close to me I reach for, Snowpatrol, The Shins, Muse, Gin Blossoms, Beautiful South, and The Dave Mathews Band.  In an instant he is right next to me. 

I have been addicted to playing Paul Cardall, and Michael Ethington day and night. Their music brings the safety of the spirit into my home, and re-enforces the trust that Heavenly Father has in me.  I don't know why this is true, but I feel at peace, I feel rejuvenated, I feel protected, and I feel warmth when these beautiful chords are resonating through my home.

Tonight, I am thankful for the gift the celestial vibration of music, and it's ability to lift me to a higher plane.

3 comments: