Saturday, November 6, 2010

#6- Grief, Health, and Healing

Today was a pretty big, and emotional day for me.  I had to leave sick kids early this morning to attend an all day class.  Then, I had a meeting in Salt Lake right after that.  By the time it was all said and done, I got to see the kiddo's for a few minutes before they headed off to dreamland.  So, for that reason, I apologize before hand for the jumbled thoughts.

I was talking to my sweet mother tonight, and we talked about my next "grateful" post.  She started giving me a list that kept growing and growing, and so as I stated in the beginning of this list...there is never enough space or time to record the things for which I am grateful.

I want to keep it to just a few so I can expound upon my thoughts, so for that reason I chose, Grief, Health, and Healing.

Why am I thankful for grief???  Well I am thankful because it has been a very profound teacher.  There have been lessons and principles that I have learned rather well, that could have never been comprehended by any other means.  I am grateful that I have grief to experience, because it means that I loved very deeply.  I'm grateful for sadness and loneliness, because it means that I had an amazing friend and partner.  We have to praise our Father in Heaven for giving us opportunities to learn eternal principles, which I have learned so many of. 

I am thankful for my health and the health of my children.  There is so much sickness and disease in the world, to which none of us are immune.  For today, even in sickness (especially in sickness) I am grateful for health.  I just heard some very upsetting news about a beloved family member who is beginning the battle with cancer.  The news is sickening, and shocking, and just plain sad, but there is a silver lining.  God loves everyone of us, and wants to give us everything he can.  Through trials like this one, my sweet family member as well as extended family have the opportunity to come together and learn sacred lessons.  Faith always proceeds the miracle, and I believe in miracles.

Healing is something that will always impress me.  Whether it's through a life saving surgery, a wonderful medicine, a priesthood blessing, a natural remedy, fasting or prayer.  I am always blown away by those who are in authority, and who have spent the time and energy and faith on behalf of the ailing person.  I know that in every case, Christ was there, and it was through him that the sick are made well.  I love, and am very grateful for the ability to learn of many of the techniques that can help those who are injured or not well.  I will always be researching a new technique, or taking a new class or teaching a subject.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this very humbling opportunity to be a tool in thy hands.

1 comment:

  1. oh lisa... i tried to call you just now and hope that you are not awake just feeling alone.

    these are all ones that i am grateful for as well. to be honest... it scares me how alike our brains are because if i had had more time tonight... i had planned to write about my gratitude for something to do with the grieving process. it was because of an experience i had tonight... but it is almost 12 and i wanted to hurry and get a posting done.

    anyhow, i am rambling again... i tend to do that at night because when i type, i feel like i have someone to talk to. how lame is that? :) hahaha.

    anyhow, call me if you need to. i am up way too late every night. you can count on me.

    love you. i will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete