Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#9- A Hopeful Future

In the last few days I have realized that I have been excited for the future.  Not only that, I have been planning for the future.  This is big news in my little world.  It's been a really long time since I have felt this way, however I will admit I'm still not 100%.

I have had several people ask me how I was considering our anniversary had just past.  When I really thought about the answer to that question, I realized that I am actually feeling so much better than I was last year, even better than I was two weeks ago.  What's the change you ask?  D R E A M  B O A R D!

What's a dream board?  Well I'll tell you.  It's basically a poster board with cut outs of all the future goals that you have in mind for yourself.  I was first asked to make one of these in my zoning class earlier this year.  The instructor explained that if you visualize your future, you will attain it.  At the time, I wasn't ready for it, and I actually left class because I was so upset.  That's how difficult it was for me to visualize the future. 

The other night, I realized that (as I have previously posted) lists work.  It is an act of faith to write down the righteous desires of your heart.  With that in mind I put a list together of my future, and I was very specific.  This is an actual law of nature, called the Law of Attraction.  You have to be specific, because it is true that you have to be careful what you wish for (That's a story for another time).

I am so grateful for the ability that I have to dream of the future again.  I know that my life will be great again.  I'm grateful to know that I am loved, and that my Father in Heaven doesn't want me to be sad and alone.  He wants what every parent wants for their child.  He wants me to have a happy, productive life, and share it with others.

2 comments:

  1. excellent. i still haven't done this yet after we talked about it. now you have given me the desire to write my list.

    i will let you know how it goes.

    you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you!!!!!!! You are the most amazing person ever!!!

    ReplyDelete